A new international House London and Paris three day intensive course leading to a recognised certificate in Business Cultural Training:
What is BCTC?
A three day highly intensive syllabus with the aim of equipping you to:
- research, design, market and deliver a cross-cultural training programme to adults.
The syllabus is designed to customise the content according to the group profile with a key in hand approach to give you a complete course with all the exercises you need ready for use.
Who is BCTC for?
The course is delivered in English and its approach caters for the needs of:
- Personnel in Human Resources departments who need to organize or lead international working groups.
- New teachers with limited experience.
- Practicing teachers.
What are the outcomes of the course?
- A knowledge and practice of training techniques
- A heightened awareness of how to appreciate and satisfy different cultural expectations in a group.
- New teaching ideas at B2-C2 level.
- New career opportunities.
An example of the course programme:
DAY 1 RESEARCH
- What is business culture?
- The difference between language training and cultural training
- The five cultural gurus.
- The five C’s of Culture model
DAY 2 DESIGN AND MARKETING
- How to design a profile
- Research resources
- The ECOLE principle and how to use it
- How to design a course
- How to market a course
DAY 3 DELIVERY
- Need to know
- Synergies and differences
- The communication matrix
- Good impression/bad impression
- The Values matrix
- The key cultural differentiators
- The Cultural Style profile
- The 80/20 principle and the RADAR system
- Action planning
What do people say about the course?
"Just wanted to drop you a line to say thank you for a great course and for sharing your knowledge and expertise with me. I found the course engaging, valuable and structured and came away with many useful ideas and tips to use in the future and for my new business."
(Claire Snowdon, Director, Expat Knowhow)
“It’s been three days of learning about others, just great, it will help me to adapt my attitude and working methods to my international teams. Thank you so much3
(Anne Balanca, Training and development Manager Ernst & Young)
“Thank you for this exciting course, it has created an awareness of how important it is to implement business cultural knowledge into the workplace on a day to day basis in our work habits.”
(Gabriel Tayou Financial Manager Sanofi-aventis)
“For me the key outcomes were course design and marketing expertise and greater awareness of the topic. Thank you.” (University lecturer, China)
REMAINING 2010 dates available for BCTC:
23-25 September (London), 18-20 October (Paris), 25-27 November (London),
16-18 December (London)
CONTACT for the course :
Marlene REGAYA Director ILC France-IH Paris +33 1 44 41 80 26